Wall Repair /Bracing
Helical Anchors / Wall Tie Backs
Helical anchors are commonly used in wall repair for both retaining walls and basement walls, transferring tension loads from the existing foundation to a soil suitable for the load.
Helical anchors provide lateral stability to foundation walls and retaining walls. Helical anchors can be installed with hand held equipment, so they can be installed in almost any application.
This versatility, along with the ability to immediately load and test the anchors (unlike a concrete deadman, or I-beam) make helical anchors a convenient and economical solution for a wide variety of projects.
Advantages of the Helical Tie Back for Wall Repair
- Predictable capacity of holding
- All weather installation
- Have been used since 1883
- Minimum disturbance to the interior of your home or office
- Can be installed in areas of limited or tight access
- Clean installation with no messy beam or dust
- Epoxy powered coated for corrosion protection
- Lifetime Transferable Warranty
- National Lifetime warranty
- ICC-ES AC358 Approval
Installation procedure for Helical Tie Backs
- All work areas inside of home or office are completely protected prior to starting
- A small hole is drilled at a 15-20 degree angle through the foundation wall from the interior (1” to 3”)
- A small hole is excavated from the exterior (DO NOT HAVE TO DIG LARGE TRENCH IN YARD AND POUR CONCRETE)
- Helical is then screwed from the interior of the home at 15-20 degree angle out 15-20 ft into load bearing soil.
- Interior 12” x 18” load bearing steel plate is installed and holes are sealed and waterproofed, and backfilled.
- Wall is stabilized or pulled back if soil was removed completely prior.
Wall Brace Brackets have revolutionized the use of steel I-beams to reinforce a bowing basement wall. I-beams have been used to reinforce bowing walls for decades but the with the help of the Wall Brace Brackets steel I-beams have been transformed into the most reliable wall bracing system available.
Wall Brace Brackets reverses the forces of nature by reinforcing the wall and over time can move the wall back to its original position without excavation outside of the home or removal of concrete from the basement floor. Whether the foundation wall is built with block, tile, wood, or poured concrete Wall Brace offers a permanent solution.